Or is it a milkshake?
I’d like to consider myself a smoothie queen. Every morning, I look forward to blending up a concoction and sipping down the sweet liquid while I catch up on the news and social media. I’m very particular about my smoothies; they can’t be too fruity, too icy, or too thin. The creamier the smoothie, the better it tastes.
My go-to smoothie is practically a healthy milkshake. While it only contains four ingredients, this smoothie is the perfect kickstart to my day. Loaded with plant-based protein, carbs, and healthy fat, this blended breakfast goes beyond satisfying the tastebuds. Each ingredient is intentional, resulting in a delicious masterpiece that fuels my morning workout, holds me over until lunch, and takes care of my morning sweet tooth.
Whether you need a 5-minute breakfast to take on the go, or a midnight snack to curb cravings, I am 99% sure that this will do the trick. Cheers!
Ingredients (added to blender in this order)
- 1 frozen banana (broken into 5 pieces and frozen overnight)
- unsweetened almond milk
- 1 spoonful of almond butter
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Sunwarrior Warrior Blend (the BEST protein powder!)
- Place all frozen banana chunks into blender (the Vitamix is worth every penny)
- Pour enough almond milk so that it is level with the bananas
- Add 1 spoonful of almond butter
- Add 1 scoop of Sunwarrior
- Blend until you have a smooth, thick consistency (check it with a spoon)
- Add in a splash of almond milk and blend once more to create the perfect thick shake, or you can add more almond milk for a thinner drink
- Pour and enjoy!